Few 2007-2008 Highlights
Employed as an Industrial Trainee at Dalco Nigeria Limited, an engineering procurement and commissioning company to Nestle Nigeria Limited where I participated in:
- Piping upgrade, decommissioning and commissioning of cooling tower system
- Installation of roller drum dryer and vacuum band dryer
- Fabrication of 1000 litres cleaning-in-process (CIP) tank
- Installation of fire fighting system (sprinkler)
- Fabrication and erection of 2.5 meters high stanchions as supports for 10” pipes
- Received a cash prize as the best industrial trainee at Dalco Nigeria Limited
- Obtained Bachelor of Engineering (B. Eng. Hons) Degree in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering at the Federal University of Technology Akure, Ondo State Nigeria
- Developed a functional salt bath furnace which was identified as one of the innovative B. Eng. research project in Nigeria and was publicised by Voyage of discovery, a television programme aired by Nigeria Television Authority and Africa Independence Television
- Employed as safety engineer by Technopeak Nigeria Limited, an equipment procurement and commission company to Procter& Gamble , Ibadan Plant, Nigeria where he supervised:
- The fabrication and installation of vertical fire water tank (1,200,000 literes), at Procter &Gamble, Ibadan, Nigeria
- The construction of two vertical diesel storage tanks (250, 000 litres each), at Procter & Gamble, Ibadan Nigeria
- Employed by Federal Polytechnic Idah as a corps member where I taught National Diploma students various courses such as mechanical behaviour of materials, physical metallurgy and production metallurgy.
- Supervised final year projects of three National Diploma II students
- Identified the problems in the Federal Polytechnic Idah and proffered possible solutions to the school management
- Appointed as the vice president of NYSC Culture and Tourism Community Development Club within three months of membership. Under the leadership of Yusuf Kazeem, our achievements as a club in that year include:
- Development of a full fletch story on the origin and history of Igala Kingdom.
- Sensitizing secondary school students in Idah community on the essence of preserving and promoting our cultural values through drama
- Organised football competition between Idah community football club and National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) members in order to foster good relationship between visitors and indigenes.
- Appointed as the president of NYSC Culture and Tourism Community Development Club. Achievements include:
- Beautification of the entrance of The Achadu of Igala’s palace Development of book chapters from the story of Igala kingdom (unpublished) with the aim of distributing to secondary schools
I started PEKLAK Engineering limited with Engr.Olaosebikan O. O. (MD/CEO),PEKLAK is an engineering procurement and commissioning company rendering engineering services to Procter & Gamble Ibadan plant, Hydrodrive Nigeria Plc, International Breweries Ilesha, British American Tobacco, Ibadan among others.
I was appointed as a teaching assistant in the Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Federal university of Technology Akure, Nigeria.
I obtained Master of Engineering degree in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria.
I became an Associate Member, Materials Science and Engineering Society of Nigeria
I was employed as an Assistant Lecturer at the Federal University of Technology Akure
I was offered provisional admission for doctoral studies at University of Saskatchewan, University of Leeds, University of Wollongong, Monash University, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Federal university of Technology Akure, University of Witwatersrand and Tshwane University of Technology
I was shortlisted for Petroleum development Fund (PTDF) doctoral scholarship interview
I won NTUST doctoral student scholarship
I won African Materials Science and Engineering Network (AMSEN) doctoral student bursary at the University of Wits for 2014
I passed the Council for Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) examination and got registered as a professional engineer.
My appointment was regularized and I was upgraded to Lecturer II from the post of Assistant Lecturer.
My doctoral research proposal on low-cost light alloys was approved
I attended training on the use of Hot Platinum High Vacuum Induction Furnace and Gleeble thermal-mechanical process simulation
I presented a paper at the inaugural African Corrosion conference, Farm Inn, Pretoria, South Africa
I attended South African Process Optimisation Symposium, University of Wits.
I won the African Materials Science Engineering Network (AMSEN) doctoral bursary for 2015.
2015 – 2016 highlights
- Attended Center of Excellence in Strong Materials Presentation and presented a poster
- Attended a workshop on advanced materials characterisation and nanoengineering at the Tshwane University of Technology
- Won the best student presentation price at the 3rd AMSEN workshop: Building the next generation of researchers in Africa
- Development of low cost Ti-alloys; Thermodynamic modelling and preliminary thermomechanical processing on steels
- Presented a paper at the Light Metal Technology Conference in Port Elizabeth on the Development of Low Cost Aluminium Hybrid Composites using Silica Sand and Bamboo Leaf Ash
- Received an honorary invitation to present a paper at Materials Chemistry Conference in Valencia, Spain 2016.
- I volunteered as a mentor for first year students under the Counselling and Career Development Unit Programme at the University of Wits, South Africa.
- Presented a paper at the 8th International Conference on African Materials Research Society (AMRS) held in Accra Ghana.
- Won University of the Witwatersrand sub-saharan travel grant to attend 8th International Conference on African Materials Research Society (AMRS) held in Accra Ghana.
- Got a sponsorship from RISE to attend the Next Einstein Forum Global Gathering in Dakar, Senegal.
- Attended the 1st International workshop on Tribocorrosion techniques, University of Johannesburg, 2016.
- Selected as one of the Science Today Candidates for South Africa’s Best Postgraduate Writing (2016)
- Won Best Poster Presentation, Centre of Excellence in Strong Materials Annual Student Presentation, University of the Witwatersrand (2016)
- Won 3rd Best Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment Poster Presentation, University of Witwatersrand Cross Faculty Symposium (2016)
- Participated in Innovations at the Food, Energy and Water Nexus (INFEWS)workshop, Dakar, Senegal (March, 2016)